Friday 11 November 2011

A Good Book for Parents of Children With Mental Health Problems

I don't often recommend books to people, in particular people I see through my practice. However, I have been reading a book over the last few days in preparation for a speech I have to make, and I am really impressed with it.

A straight-talking Introduction to Children's Mental Health Problems is a really good read and focuses on how many experts believe behavioral disorders, such as ADHD are over-diagnosed therefore taking valuable help away from those children who need it. It also explains childhood mental illness, explaining what is like from both a child's and a parent's point of view.

If you are a parent of a child with mental health problems, I would recommend you buy or borrow this book. It is written so the average person will understand it. I have no affiliations with this book and will not receive any payment from anyone if people do decide to buy it.

Happy Reading

Dr Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment